|Temporary nicknames||Wocki Kitaky*|
|Japanese name*||北木滝太 (Takita Kitaki)|
|French name||Willy Kitaki|
|German name||Wocky Kitaki|
|Spanish name||Wocky Kitaki|
|Italian name||Wocky Kitaki|
|Age during debut||19|
|Hair color||Chestnut brown styled to look like a fox with two "ears" coming out of the fringe, parts dyed blonde to look like the inside of the "ears", and an orange quiff styled to look like a fox's tail|
|Family||Winfred Kitaki (Father) |
Plum Kitaki (Mother)
|Friends||Alita Tiala (Former fiancée)|
|Affiliates||Pal Meraktis (Family doctor, deceased) |
Apollo Justice (Defense attorney)
|Debut episode||Turnabout Corner|
|My apologies, Mr. Justice... He is usually such a nice boy.|
|(Forgive me if I have a hard time believing that.)|
Wocky Kitaki is the heir of the Kitaki family, a family of feared gangsters in Los Angeles. He was accused of killing Pal Meraktis, a doctor, and was engaged to Alita Tiala. Wocky disagrees with his father Winfred, who is trying to make "clean money". Wocky thinks the Kitaki family should keep with the "gangster" tradition.
Around December of 2025, Wocky Kitaki was shot in a turf war with the Rivales family. The bullet was lodged next to his heart. He was taken to the Meraktis clinic, where he met Alita Tiala, who was working as a nurse at the time. Some time after the operation to remove the bullet, Wocky and Tiala became engaged. After the shooting, the Kitakis began to move away from the gangster lifestyle to try and make an honest living. Wocky, however, refused to go along with what he considered a sell-out move.
- Main article: Turnabout Corner
Six months later, during a sudden family check-up report that his father had initiated, Wocky found out that his bullet had not, in fact, been removed. Indeed, the operation was nearly impossible, with few in the world capable of performing it successfully; Meraktis had hid this devastating fact from the Kitakis to protect himself.
Furious, Wocky confronted Meraktis at People Park with a shiv and a pistol. However, Meraktis was suddenly shot in the head, and Wocky fled the scene, dropping his shiv. He was later accused of the murder. Tiala found Apollo Justice to represent Wocky in court. Wocky tried to reject Justice as his lawyer, insisting that being in jail would "keep it real", and with Winfred arguing with Wocky about the gangster life, Justice was forced to go to trial without even having a good talk with his client. Wocky even testified against himself in court.
It would turn out during Justice's investigation of the crime that Alita Tiala was not who she seemed to be. Being Wocky's nurse, she had known about the bullet, and she had engaged herself with Wocky with intent to inherit the Kitaki fortune when he died. Tiala had been the one to kill Merkatis because he was going to reveal her involvement in covering up Wocky's condition and had hired Justice in the hope that the rookie defense attorney would be unable to acquit the young man.
Thanks to Justice, Wocky was declared not guilty and Tiala was arrested. Although he was now free, he showed no gratitude towards his defense, and was instead angry at Justice for putting "my Alita" in jail. Winfred assured Justice that Wocky simply had to face what had happened to him and that he would eventually understand someday. Winfred revealed that he had found a doctor who could save Wocky's life, but had wanted to pay for the operation with honest money since his illegal methods had almost cost him his son.
When the Kitakis set up a muffin business, Wocky pitched an idea to call the muffins "O.G. Crackers". He felt that "O.G. Cracker" would sound better than "O.G. Muffin".
Wocky is a typical "gangsta" type; he loves girls that need protecting and he thinks his dad is weak for wanting to get out of the family gangster tradition. He is quite engrossed in the archetypal "gangsta" life, wearing a Bad Badger T-shirt and even being pleased at the thought of going to jail, despite not having committed the crime for which he had been accused, in order to get some "street cred". Deep down, his father claims, Wocky has a good heart. His relationship with Tiala is comparable to Phoenix Wright's relationship with Dahlia Hawthorne to an extent.
- The surname "Kitaki" (北木) comes from "kitsune", the Japanese word for "fox" and a common subject of Japanese folklore.
- "Takita" (滝太) comes from the Japanese word "kita" meaning "north". His full Japanese name shares the repetition of Tiala's name in that it consists of "north" repeated three times when written in the Asian format of surname first. Another link to Tiala is that her surname, "Minami" (美波), means "south".
- "Wocky Kitaki" may be a play on "walkie talkie". This could be a reference to phrase "walk the walk, talk the talk", which means that if someone says that they are going to do something, then they should go through with it.
- Wocky Kitaki's hair is styled like a fox, with two "ears" coming out of the fringe (with parts dyed blonde to look like the inside of the "ears") and an orange quiff styled to look like a fox's tail. This, along with the surname Kitaki and the fox head designs on his jacket, is a reference to "kitsune", the Japanese word for fox and a common subject of Japanese folklore.