I was thinking of adding a box for deceased characters (Such as Mia) that list their year of death. I'm not good at making info boxes so someone who is wanna add it?--Lego3400 00:26, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
I dunno if that's necessary. I mean, all you have to do is add their age to the year of birth, and voila! The only exception (that I can remember, anyway) is Misty Fey, though. --Tutuboy95 16:05, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
If you don't understand what I mean, most of the characters in the Ace Attorney have some kind of strange behavior-two good examples are Godot with his coffee and Dahlia Hawthorne with the butterflies that eventually go up in flame. I think we should have a box listing this, as it is a large detail of many characters.Colinlouis1 18:11, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Couldn't that sort of thing just go in the character's "Personality" section? This strikes me as the sort of thing that could cause arguments about what counts as a "quirk". I'm not sure... Strabo412 18:48, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Ehh...Point taken.Colinlouis1 19:35, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Adding to that, some characters have multiple quirks or quirks that take a lot to describe. It just seems inappropriate to put into a table. capefeather 21:46, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
Episode field Edit
It's never really explained in the edits why we ended up with "debut" rather than "appearances", so here's my original rationale. Generally, with other wikis, character tables list each game appearance. However, the equivalent field here focuses on cases rather than entire games, and for major characters the field would easily balloon to ridiculous sizes. Still, if there's an alternative suggestion that anyone would like to point out, you're free to do so.
P.S. I considered the death box conversation above, and I would like to revisit it. Should there be a field for "Died"? It's been kind of a given considering Wikipedia itself has "Died" fields, but I think that part of the reason it wasn't implemented here before was the inflexibility that this template once had. Now we can hide unused fields.
capefeather 01:14, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't see why not. Strabo412 14:36, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
I wasn't sure about the Japanese romanisation order. I noticed it was far from consistent throughout the wiki, so I've begun to change them to given name first. My logic for this was mainly due to Western sensibilities, but also because that's how Court Records does it. I can change them back since I'm only up to "E" anyways... Strabo412 22:41, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I originally intended to put them surname first, but I guess I stopped paying attention if they were that inconsistent. Either way works, really. capefeather 00:54, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- You mean to make the size of image1 different from the size of image2? capefeather (talk) 00:55, December 14, 2013 (UTC)
On the age field and a possible status fieldEdit
This is meant to be a continuation of this discussion on the age field of this template, as well as a possible status field.
I wasn't sure of whether the Alive / Incarcerated / Deceased designation is any more illuminating than what we have now, considering the prison apparently rehabilitates prisoners and prepares them for reintegration into society, even if they committed what's supposedly a capital crime deserving capital punishment. How do we know if a convicted killer is even still incarcerated? However, I do think that a status field can still be useful, at least for deceased characters with no known death date. In fact, it may even be better to replace the death field with the status field.
On the age field, I actually like Sligneris's idea of listing ages with their source games/episodes. If long lists are a concern, we could condense the list by giving one or two age ranges. For example, for Phoenix Wright:
21* (Turnabout Memories) - 26* (The Stolen Turnabout)
26* (Bridge to the Turnabout) - 34* (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies)
Here, two ranges are used to reflect the ambiguity in the timeline.
- I've thought a little about the idea of a Status field, and came to the conclusion that perhaps a "Last seen" sort of deal might be better. For example: Phoenix Wright would be "Alive (2027)", Redd White would be - "Arrested (2016)", and Misty Fey would be "Deceased (2019)". With regards to convicted killers being rehabilitated for reintegration into society, we do know that's the case with Frank Sahwit. However, his murder of Cindy Stone wasn't planned and it might have been judged that he could be rehabilitated; I'm not sure the same could be said for say, Redd White or Ryōken Hōinbō.
- We could simplify the ages idea further by just having the earliest age they've been shown at and then the most recent appearance. Alternatively, we could have all the ages, but have it so only one age is showing and the rest are in a collapsible list, with said ages in reverse order with the most recent age at the top. If that's possible to do of course. However, I suppose that doesn't take into account timeline ambiguities...
- I've also been trying to think of a way to move musical/manga only characters out of the main characters category and into their own separate ones, but can't decided how to go about this... - Strabo412 (talk) 09:57, May 9, 2014 (UTC)
I like the new template. It's a definite improvement. However, did we decide what to do about arrested/incarcerated characters? Should we note that sort of information? Maybe something something like "Alive (arrested for murder)" under "Last known status? - Strabo412 (talk) 01:24, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
- In the template description, I mentioned using "Incarcerated". Now that I think about it, though, it may not actually be necessary to distinguish "Incarcerated" from "Alive". The whole point of a distinction was to address the "possibly deceased" label that convicted killers got, but the "last known" qualifier deals with that, anyway. I'm not sure whether an arrested/incarcerated status is still worth noting. Maybe it is worth it just because being convicted for murder provides a possible cause of death in the future. capefeather (talk) 02:15, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
Linking to the Leitmotif page Edit
So, I was thinking if we maybe could make other pages link to the Leitmotif page by just linking it in the character template in cases where the Leitmotif is mentioned. RandomNickname (talk) 19:27, February 8, 2015 (UTC)