- My best guess was that it was translated by someone who got into the series by the time GS4 soundtrack was released and didn't get the chance to make himself/herself familiar with the prefix of the tracks of previous games. Sligneris (talk) 21:23, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not asking that, I'm asking where the whole Recollection thing came from. CrashBash (talk) 21:31, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Now, the topics are seperated. Regarding the edit. The prefix to GS1, GS2, GS3, GK1, GK2 tracks is 追憶. The prefix to GS4 tracks is 追憶. Do compare. It's identical. Saying it is not is wrong. I'll now restore the edit I made, but considering the facts, I cannot see undoing it without being able to refute that as nothing but vandalism. And I do hope you are banned for it, to be perfectly honest. I apologize, but you're nothing but an annoyance, who interrupts people trying to help the quality and accuracy of the articles improve. Undo option is only to be used when someone adds irrelevant or false information, or erases article for no reason. Not when someone makes edits you don't like. Sligneris (talk) 21:37, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- So, once again, you miss the point completely, jump to conclusions, and blame the whole thing on me, when I wasn't the one who started it. Nobody else has even come to this thread, only you and me. You are not the final person. I am trying to at least get some answers and you are jumping the gun. And you claim I am "nothing but an annoyance, who interrupts people trying to help the quality and accuracy of the articles improve"? And "Not when someone makes edits you don't like"? Hypocrite. Complete and utter hypocrite. Wait patiently, THEN we'll edit. CrashBash (talk) 21:44, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
OK then, we'll wait for a group concensus. If the majority of voters agree with you that it should be changed, then we will change it. But don't you dare gloat about it, OK? CrashBash (talk) 21:51, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Wait patienly for the third person to tell us that 1 and 1 are equal? I see no point. Knowing talk pages, there won't be a third person at all. Also, again, what you say is irrelevant. It doesn't matter who started it, it was you who pushed it to the extreme.
- The question behind making that edit is not who made the translation. The question is: "Are prefixes identical?" Prefixes in Japanese are 追憶 and 追憶. Are 追憶 and 追憶 identical? The answer is yes. So we edit. CrashBash understands? Sligneris (talk) 21:54, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Here is your answer: The official names were given only in Japanese. We did not receive any trackname officially in English version. There would be no point in checking in dictionary, on which I spent several hours, if there were any official English names. Every name we know is a fan translation from Japanese. This causes some diversities like the Inform/Tell/Announce/Confess the Truth. The translators do not actually work together, as there is no specific translation group. Some even tend to "come up" with names instead of translating them, which you can see best by Pursuit article, with "Lying Coldly" being phrase nonexistent in official tracklist, nor anything synonymous to it. I tried to implement translations that would keep the original meaning behind the tracknames
- I translated everything, checking every word I was able to recognize and put some of these on Pursuit article you were so persistent to keep the way it was <3 There is also discussion between me and the people who actually know Japanese, with list which I plan to implement on the wiki, once it's finished. But you probably didn't even ever open Japanese dictionary, did you? And you still dare to decide about translation-related topics? Pathetic. But you don't caaare, you'll interrupt anywaaay ^^ Sligneris (talk) 22:12, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
- But you probably didn't even ever open Japanese dictionary, did you? And you still dare to decide about translation-related topics? Pathetic. But you don't caaare, you'll interrupt anywaaay ^^ Congratulations, you rendered your whole argument invalid with that one unneccessary sentence. Since you obviously cannot have a conversation without insulting someone, we will not continue. CrashBash (talk) 22:30, January 18, 2014 (UTC)
I noticed that for Reminiscence, someone has been working hard to separate the individual tracks into separate pages. Is this something we should be pursuing? On one hand, it would solve the question of how to divide them up on the main Reminiscence page (it's obvious from Reminiscence ~ The DL-6 Incident that some tracks span different games for example). On the other hand, there's no real reason to have to put subheadings in the page. As well... there's just not much to say about each track individually - about a paragraph maximum I would guess. This introduces a bit of a side issue, but although I recognize that finding Youtube links to post of the track takes some work, it's still pretty major copyright infringement. Perhaps a user-made midi file reflecting the main hook of the Reminiscence themes would be better - again another argument for keeping them all on one page.
Would love to hear from some other users on this! I know the music pages in general need a clean up, but gotta start somewhere, right?
Diagnosed as Sound 04:39, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I wouldn't say "working hard"; there are only 3 pages for Reminiscence tracks, with the last one being made back in Feb, 2013! I suppose you could create separate pages if you wanted to. It might help clean up this page a little, which I sometimes feel is slipping towards Breakdown levels of unwieldiness. As for YouTube links, the main problem I find is that they are often deleted (possibly due to copyright breaches), meaning that they would have to get replaced all the time. Which is a pain in the bum. I've been trying to come up with a way of including the actual music on the wiki, but unfortunately I'm coming up blank. - Strabo412 (talk) 12:14, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- LOL Breakdown... I think you're right though. The other theme pages seem to be a bit better but they're missing the case-specific info and there's no standard organization between them. I'll see if I can corral them up a bit *cue Jake Marshall's theme*. Do you think we should keep the info about which scenes in the game they should appear or is it just too much detail? My gut feeling is keep it, but I'd love to hear your opinion. As for the music files, I have a few ideas but it may take a while ^^;. --Diagnosed as Sound 15:32, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, so we've got separate pages for all of them ^_^. Since this page is now pretty much just a list would it be better simply to put the short description on the category page instead? Or should we keep it just to have the chronology? I'm asking specifically so that when we go to do the other musical "themes", it'll be consistent. Diagnosed as Sound 20:48, February 2, 2014 (UTC)