|Sherlock Holmes||Image Gallery|
|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
|Deduction is the art of logic. It doesn't matter if you're "right" or "wrong".|
Sherlock Holmes was a legendary English detective known for his rapid-fire abductive reasoning and deductions. He was the primary detective who assisted Ryūnosuke Naruhodō with criminal investigations, and was himself assisted by a young girl called Iris Watson.
Detective career Edit
Learning of a conspiracy Edit
- Main article: The Professor Killings
Holmes learned about a conspiracy behind the infamous Professor Killings from telegrams sent between Great Britain and Japan. With this knowledge, he notified his partner, Yūjin Mikotoba about the conspiracy, and boarded the S.S. Alaclaire to attempt to stop it.
Aboard the S.S. Alaclaire Edit
- Main article: The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band
Although he told everyone that Asōgi had died, in actually, he survived, and Holmes told Mitrov Stroganov and Nikomina Borschevic after the ship had stopped. However, he lost Asōgi, and was forced to continue without him.
Investigation of the Garridebs Edit
He later continued his investigation of the flat after William Petenshy was poisoned.
Attempt on his life Edit
- Main article: The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story
Investigations at the World Fair Edit
- Main article: The Return of the Great Departed Soul
Six months after his hospitalization, he investigated Connette Rozaic's wax museum.
During this time, he also revealed the truth about hiding Asōgi's death from Naruhodō and Susato.
Finding a missing husband Edit
- Main article: Twisted Karma and His Last Bow
Reuniting with Yūjin Edit
- Main article: The Resolve of Naruhodō Ryūnosuke
Holmes was reunited with his partner, Yūjin Mikotoba, during Tobias Gregson's murder case, and the two investigated the S.S. Barabrook.
|For this game, it was already planned that it would be about "correcting the wrong deductions of the great detective." So I'm terribly sorry, but Dai Gyakuten Saiban's Holmes was destined to never say anything correct.|
- Holmes is based on the character of the same name from Arthur Conan Doyle's crime fiction novels, as well as various parodies of the character. The version of Holmes in the game is one that Shu Takumi had always had in his mind, emphasizing a non-serious angle.
- Several Holmes designs were proposed, described by art director Kazuya Nuri as depressive Holmes, cute Holmes, adventurous Holmes, dark Holmes, and sleepy Holmes. The final design is a slightly arranged take on the canonical Holmes, used to accentuate the contrast between the Holmes of the books and the "real" Holmes seen in the game. Holmes also possesses a pistol as a contrast to Ryūnosuke Naruhodō's sword.
|Pleeeeeeeease expand meeeeeeee!|
|This article is a stub or is otherwise incomplete. You can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ "Twitter / nurikazu_: え～、りゅうのすけ168、あそうぎ174、すさと153、ほーむず183、あいりす120、じーな160cm…となっております。 オマケで…ほそなが178、ばんじーくす192、ボルテックス196cmでございます。あくまで僕のなかでですが。" Twitter. 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- ↑ Court-Records Forums - "DGS at NicoNico Chou Kaigi (Update 3: Gameplay footage)" Accessed on 2015-04-29
- ↑ Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Official Site Relaunched. September 11, 2014. Court Records Forums. Retrieved on September 14, 2014.
- ↑ Ash. Takumi Special Interview. Court Records Forums. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- ↑ Ash. Re: DGS in September 2015 Dengeki Nintendo. Court Records Forums. Retrieved 2015-08-29.
- ↑ Ash. Capcom Legends interview with Nuri (art director DGS). Court Records Forums. Retrieved 2015-07-26.