|Sherlock Holmes||Image Gallery|
|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
|Link to the template page|
|Names in other languages|
|Japanese* (romanization written with the given name first)||シャーロック ホームズ (Sherlock Holmes) |
ホームズさん (Holmes-san) * (by Ryuunosuke Naruhodou)
ホームズさま (Holmes-sama) * (by Susato Mikotoba)
ホームズくん (Holmes-kun) * (by Iris Watson and Tobias Gregson)
シャーロック・ホームズ氏 (Sherlock Holmes-shi) * (by Barok van Zieks)
探偵 (Tantei) * (by Barok van Zieks; lit. Detective)
Mr. ホームズ (Mr. Holmes) * (by Barok van Zieks and Iris Watson)
ホームズ (Holmes)* (by Gina Lestrade)
|Reckoned birth year(s) (this is for age comparison purposes, and so may look odd; click on the question mark for details)?||1865-1866|
|Documented age range (as recorded in court record profiles and case files)||34* (age at debut)|
|Status* (last known)||Alive|
|Hair color||Platinum blond|
|Height* (from official guidebooks)||6'0"; 183 cm|
|Friends||Iris Watson (assistant) |
John H. Watson (partner, deceased as of the beginning of DGS)
|Affiliates||Ryūnosuke Naruhodō |
|Japanese* (romanization written with the given name first)||Shinji Kawada|
|Debut episode||The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band|
|Leitmotif||"Sherlock Holmes ~ Great Detective of the Foggy Town"|
|Deduction is the art of logic. It doesn't matter if you're "right" or "wrong".|
Sherlock Holmes is a legendary English detective known for his rapid-fire abductive reasoning. He assists Ryūnosuke Naruhodō with criminal investigations and is himself assisted by a young girl called Iris Watson.
Detective career Edit
Abord the S.S. Alaclaire Edit
- Main articles: The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band
Investigation of the Garridebs Edit
- Main articles: The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro
Attempt on his life Edit
- Main articles: The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story
|For this game, it was already planned that it would be about "correcting the wrong deductions of the great detective." So I'm terribly sorry, but Dai Gyakuten Saiban's Holmes was destined to never say anything correct.|
- Holmes is based on the character of the same name from Arthur Conan Doyle's crime fiction novels, as well as various parodies of the character. The version of Holmes in the game is one that Shu Takumi had always had in his mind, emphasizing a non-serious angle.
- Several Holmes designs were proposed, described by art director Kazuya Nuri as depressive Holmes, cute Holmes, adventurous Holmes, dark Holmes, and sleepy Holmes. The final design is a slightly arranged take on the canonical Holmes, used to accentuate the contrast between the Holmes of the books and the "real" Holmes seen in the game. Holmes also possesses a pistol as a contrast to Ryūnosuke Naruhodō's sword.
|Pleeeeeeeease expand meeeeeeee!|
|This article is a stub or is otherwise incomplete. You can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ "Twitter / nurikazu_: え～、りゅうのすけ168、あそうぎ174、すさと153、ほーむず183、あいりす120、じーな160cm…となっております。 オマケで…ほそなが178、ばんじーくす192、ボルテックス196cmでございます。あくまで僕のなかでですが。" Twitter. 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- ↑ Court-Records Forums - "DGS at NicoNico Chou Kaigi (Update 3: Gameplay footage)" Accessed on 2015-04-29
- ↑ Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Official Site Relaunched. September 11, 2014. Court Records Forums. Retrieved on September 14, 2014.
- ↑ Ash. Takumi Special Interview. Court Records Forums. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- ↑ Ash. Re: DGS in September 2015 Dengeki Nintendo. Court Records Forums. Retrieved 2015-08-29.
- ↑ Ash. Capcom Legends interview with Nuri (art director DGS). Court Records Forums. Retrieved 2015-07-26.