Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|We need more pieces to finish this puzzle.|
|This article is under construction. While it is not short, it still needs expansion as outlined in the manual of style. The article most likely needs expansion near the end of the tagged section or sections.|
- Main article: Turnabout Prophecy
At the Fortune Center in Lordly Tailor, Clover met Phoenix Wright, who was visiting the center with Maya Fey. Clover's visit took a dark turn when one of the fortune tellers predicted that she would be possessed by a demon, and her luck soured further when she was found with the corpse of another fortune teller shortly after this prediction.
- Main article: Turnabout Power vs. Supernatural Power
After hearing of a group that worshipped the "great lord Tengu", Clover visited the group's temple, where she became fascinated by the tengu after seeing him with her own eyes.
Clover and the ogreEdit
- Main article: Turnabout! The Secret of the Ogres
Clover later took on a part time job in the remote mountain hotel in order to see an ogre which supposedly resided around the area. While working at the hotel, she encountered Miles Edgeworth and Dick Gumshoe, who were visited the hotel after their car broke down. After a murder occurs on the very day that Edgeworth visits, Clover assists the prosecutor in finding the culprit.
- "Hiiragi", her Japanese surname, translates as "holly", which is traditionally used in Japan to ward off evil.
- Her Japanese given name "Kaede" translates as "maple", which in turn comes from the Japanese for "frog hand" (kaerude), owing to the maple leaves' supposed similarity to the hands of frogs. Since maple leaves are also well-known for turning red in fall, so the English localizers guessed that the name was probably a play on "red-handed".
- The English localizers were unsure as to how they could fit the meaning of the Japanese given name into their version, so ultimately abandoned the "hand" part and settled on "Russi", which comes from the Latin "russus", meaning "red".
- Her English surname of "Clover" was chosen to have a similar meaning to the Japanese version, as clover is traditionally used as a good-luck charm.
- While her name is given as "Russi Clover" in the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney manga, this was changed to "Candy Holly" in the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth manga for unknown reasons. However, the choice of "Holly" as her surname was likely a simple direct translation from the Japanese version.
|Pleeeeeeeease expand meeeeeeee!|
|This article is a stub or is otherwise incomplete. You can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by expanding it.|