|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
- For other individuals called Robert, please see Robert (disambiguation).
|Robert Crogley||Image Gallery|
|Link to the template page|
|Occupation||Telegraph station technician (London Area)|
|Names in other languages|
|Japanese* (romanization written with the given name first)|
|Reckoned birth year(s) (this is for age comparison purposes, and so may look odd; click on the question mark for details)?||1873|
|Documented age range (as recorded in court record profiles and case files)||27* (age at debut)|
|Status* (last known)||Alive (arrested)|
|Height* (from official guidebooks)||??? cm|
|Family||Mortar Milverton (father; deceased)|
|Friends||Nemmy Tinpillar (childhood friend) |
Tully Tinpillar (childhood friend)
|Affiliates||Cosney Megundal |
Tobias Gregson (supposed collaborator)
Case 5's Juror 5 (co-worker)
|Debut episode||The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story|
|Leitmotif||Reminiscing ~ The Grey Dance |
Residents of Fog ~ Suspicious People
Robert Crogley was a telegraph station technician in charge of the London city area. He was responsible for the murders of Cosney Megundal and Hutch the pawnbroker. He presented himself as a high-handed British gentleman, dressed in gaudy white, with a penchant for twirling and posing oddly.
Robert Crogley's former surname was “Milverton”, and he was the son of "Thrice-fired" Mortar Milverton. He was born into poverty and used to be childhood friends with the Tinpillar brothers. He hoped to start a milk business with them one day when he was freed from jail.
His father's death Edit
- Main article: The Adventure of the Runaway Room
Prior to his father's murder, Crogley had made a deal with Cosney Megundal to steal top secret information from the government. Crogley, being in charge of the telegraph stations, had easy access to this information. In order to hide this information, Crogley visited his father, Mortar Milverton, and asked him to embed the information into two separate music disks. Two days prior, Megundal made the first transaction with Crogley and obtained the first music disk. Crogley visited his father once he had the money and planned to split the money for his father's help. Milverton, unsure of his son, agreed to take the money in exchange for selling the second music disk. Megundal would murder Milverton in a fit of rage after the latter attempted to sell the disk at a higher price. In an act of revenge, and to retrieve the music disk, Crogley paid a fake "court bailiff" to set the omnibus ablaze with Megundal inside, burning him alive.
Retrieving the music disks Edit
- Main article: The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story
Crogley visited Hutch's Pawn Shop, under the alias Egg Benedict. He claimed that Gina Lestrade had stolen his proof of reservation for Megundal's coat. Sherlock Holmes and Ryūnosuke Naruhodō deduced his true intentions, to intercept the stolen music disk inside the coat's pocket, and in a fit of anger, he attempted to take the coat at gun point. He was forced to retreat from the shop after the arrival of Inspector Gregson.
- "Crogley" is a pun on "Kuro-Grey" (Black-Grey).
- His alias name "Egg Benedict" comes from a name of a food of the same name.
- Robert has the distinction of being one of the first criminals convicted of murder who appears in the end game credit sequence. (Though Viola Cadaverini appears in the closing credits of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations, Furio Tigre does not, for example)
- His belt buckle, a horse shoe, and his overall pale appearance and white clothes, could be a reference to the dairy he wishes to open that he mentions during the end credits.
- His appearance and that of his two friends could also be a nod to the portrayal of Moriarty in the Sherlock Hound tv series, though Robert seems to be much less of a criminal mastermind like Moriarty and shows a great deal of remorse for his actions.