- For the music track, see Revisualization ~ Synaptic Resonance.
Revisualization is a plot device used in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice. It occurs at a critical point in a trial, when the protagonist is backed into a corner and has to review his or her thinking to reach a decisive conclusion that turns the case on its head. Thematically, it is similar to the logic epiphanies in Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth and Gyakuten Kenji 2. Mechanically, it is essentially a series of multiple choice questions about items and evidence connected to the case. There are unique responses to every answer, including the incorrect ones, and no penalty is incurred for choosing incorrectly. The music that plays when Revisualization is used is titled "Thought Route ~ Synaptic Resonance" (カンガエルート ~シナプスの共鳴).
List of revisualization sequencesEdit
|We need more pieces to finish this puzzle.|
|This article is under construction. While it is not short, it still needs expansion as outlined in the manual of style. The article most likely needs expansion near the end of the tagged section or sections.|
|Episode||# of Questions||Concluding Statement|
|The Monstrous Turnabout||3||The white hair is L’Belle’s|
|Turnabout Academy||4||The body was hidden by Wright’s Statue|
|Turnabout for Tomorrow||5||Athena stabbed the real culprit|
|Turnabout Reclaimed||4||There are 2 different orcas|
|The Magical Turnabout||4||The culprit swapped the coffin sides|
|The Rite of Turnabout||6||Tahrust’s death was suicide|
|Turnabout Storyteller||5||The murder weapon was Udon dough|
|Turnabout Revolution||3||A medium is needed to obtain the power|
|4||Ga’ran has no claim to the throne|
|Turnabout Time Traveler||3||The Time Keeper had been activated|
In the Japanese version of the game, this process is called "kangae ruuto" (カンガエルート, lit. "Thought Route").
- In the games that feature revisualization, The Cosmic Turnabout is the only non-introductory case not to have a revisualization sequence.
- Turnabout for Tomorrow is the only case in which the revisualization sequence does not occur near the end of a trial. Instead, it is done to break Athena Cykes' black Psyche-Locks.
- The Rite of Turnabout contains the longest revisualization sequence in the series, consisting of six consecutive choices.
- Turnabout Revolution is the only case to have two revisualization sequences; one during the civil trial in Los Angeles on day one, and one during the murder trial in Khura'in on day two.
- ↑ Janet Hsu. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies Localization: The Trials and Tribulations of the Gameplay Mechanics Team. Capcom Unity. Retrieved on 2013-10-17.