|Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD|
|Japanese title||逆転裁判 123HD (Gyakuten Saiban 123HD)|
|Number of players||1|
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD is a collection of the first three installments of the Ace Attorney series with swipe commands, on-screen controls, and "HD sprites" (modified from character and background art). It is available on Android and iOS, and is supported on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and iPad Mini running iOS 5.0 or higher.
The base game -- which contains the first two cases of the first game (The First Turnabout and Turnabout Sisters) -- is available for free on the App Store. The other three episodes of the first game, as well as the entirety of the second and third games, can be downloaded as in-app purchases. The games can be bought together as a bundle or separately, but the game is only available in English.
The game can be linked with a Twitter account to enable the game to automatically post player progression onto a timeline. Players can also make Twitter posts from the "Everyone Object!" mode.
Gameplay and controlsEdit
The core gameplay of the first three games of the Ace Attorney series remains, with the traditional courtroom trial and investigation gameplay. Game mechanics such as breaking Psyche-Locks with the magatama also feature. Players tap the screen to make selections, swipe to cycle through evidence or look around crime scenes, and press and hold dialogue boxes to quickly go through dialogue.
- The First Turnabout
- Cleared Ep.1 of PW: AA.
- Turnabout Sisters
- Cleared Ep.2 of PW: AA.
- Turnabout Samurai
- Cleared Ep.3 of PW: AA.
- Turnabout Goodbyes
- Cleared Ep.4 of PW: AA.
- Rise from the Ashes
- Cleared Ep.5 of PW: AA.
- The Lost Turnabout
- Cleared Ep.1 of PW: AA - JFA.
- Reunion, and Turnabout
- Cleared Ep.2 of PW: AA - JFA.
- Turnabout Big Top
- Cleared Ep.3 of PW: AA - JFA.
- Farewell, My Turnabout
- Cleared Ep.4 of PW: AA - JFA.
- Turnabout Memories
- Cleared Ep.1 of PW: AA - T&T.
- The Stolen Turnabout
- Cleared Ep.2 of PW: AA - T&T.
- Recipe for Turnabout
- Cleared Ep.3 of PW: AA - T&T.
- Turnabout Beginnings
- Cleared Ep.4 of PW: AA - T&T.
- Bridge to the Turnabout
- Cleared Ep.5 of PW: AA - T&T.
- Please Turn In Your Badge (Ep.1 of PW: AA)
- Answered "Mia Fey" when the judge asked who the defendant or the victim was.
- Cordyline Stricta (Ep.2 of PW: AA)
- Examined the office plant while Gumshoe is at the Fey & Co. Law Offices.
- His Name is... Charley? (Ep.3 of PW: AA)
- Examined the office plant while Maya is channeling Mia.
- I’m an Investigative Photographer. (Ep.4 of PW: AA)
- Pressed "I’m an investigative photographer." during "Lotta’s New Testimony".
- Secret Weapons Three (Ep.4 of PW: AA)
- Borrowed all 3 of Gumshoe’s secret weapons.
- On Billy’s Head!? (Ep.5 of PW: AA)
- Sprayed luminol on the guard station cactus’s head.
- The Back of My Badge (Ep.5 of PW: AA)
- Examined the back of Phoenix’s Attorney’s Badge.
- Mind Your Own Business, Pal! (Ep.1 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Pressed Gumshoe about "It sounded like they were even talking about marriage."
- What’s Important Here? (Ep.1 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Asserted that the name on the card is what’s important.
- Um, Lotta Hair, Was It? (Ep.2 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Said that Lotta’s full name is Lotta Hair in the Winding Way.
- Justified Self-Defense (Ep.2 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Pled that it was justified self-defense.
- Wrath of a Judge (Ep.3 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Asserted that the murder weapon is under the judge’s bench.
- Naruhodo A. Wrighto (Ep.3 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Presented Maya with Max’s profile in Phoenix’s office after taking his case.
- Judge Wackner (Ep.4 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Pressed Oldbag when she claims "It was the Nickel Samurai that I saw!"
- Innocent Engarde...? (Ep.4 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Plead that Matt Engarde is not guilty.
- Beware, Your Honor! (Ep.1 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Pressed Dahlia when she claims "The truth is... Feenie pushed him twice."
- Smells Like Oldbag (Ep.2 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Examined the alien wear in Mask☆DeMasque’s Hideout & Oldbag’s Command Vest at KB Security.
- "Le francais" de Jean (Ep.3 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Learned all of the "French" Jean Armstrong has to impart. (Present profiles and evidences, present wrong evidence when you tried to break his Psyche-Lock and press him all of his statements.)
- Violetta’s Home-Made Donuts (Ep.3 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Had a donut offered to Phoenix by Viola. (Present wrong evidence when you tried to break her Psyche-Lock.)
- Edgeworth’s Grand Debut (Ep.4 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Saw every animation young Edgeworth has to offer.
- The Whole Truth (Ep.4 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Presented the Victim’s Note during the 1st cross-examination.
- I Hate Childhood Friends (Ep.5 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Presented Phoenix’ Attorney’s Badge to Larry and examine the string of flags. (While you play as Miles Edgeworth.)
- Not So Mysterious After All (Ep.5 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Tried to move before hearing everything Iris has to say in the Main Hall.
- Broke a Psyche-Lock.
- Illuminating Luminol
- Found blood with luminol.
- Dabbling in Fingerprints
- Completed a fingerprint analysis.
- Bug Sweeper
- Found a bug with a bug sweeper.
- Metal Detector
- Found something with a metal detector.
- First Steps
- Started playing PW: AA Trilogy HD.
- Justice Ill Served
- Got a bad ending. (Ep.4 of PW: AA - JFA)
- Ladders vs. Step-Ladders
- Got every ladder vs step-ladder conversation. (Examine the ladder in Ep.3 and Ep.5 of PW: AA, Ep.3 of PW: AA - JFA, Ep.2 of PW: AA - T&T and check the ladder while you using a metal detector in Ep.5 of PW: AA - T&T)
- Hardcore Steel Samurai Fan
- Cleared all of "Turnabout Samurai" and "Farewell, My Turnabout"
- Lunchbox Specialist
- Checked out every lunchbox Angel Starr has to offer. (Present Phoenix's badge when you talked to Angel Starr and choose wrong answer while you cross-examine Angel Starr.)
- "Rookie Killer" Killer
- Cleared the 1st episode of all three games.
- Master of Kurain
- Clear all of PW: AA Ep. 2, PW: AA – JFA Ep. 2, PW: AA – T&T Eps. 2 and 5
- Ace Attorney
- Clear all of PW: AA Trilogy HD
Differences from the original versionsEdit
- Frank Sahwit's age is listed in the court record as 44 instead of 36 (however this does line up with his age in Gyakuten Kenji 2).
- Few sprites blink unless they have some other facial motion as well (sweating, eye-twitching, etc.)
- Pearl Fey's character theme track is "Blissful People", instead of "Pearl Fey ~ Together with Pearly".
- Moe does not move when he is chuckling.
- Benjamin Woodman's lips do not move when Trilo Quist is "speaking".
- Some of the in-game "cutscene" images (such as Franziska von Karma bursting into the courtroom in Farewell, My Turnabout and Dick Gumshoe doing the same in Recipe for Turnabout) are absent.
- The mugshot of "John Doe" shows him wearing the bellboy's outfit he has on when he is encountered in the Gatewater Imperial Hotel, rather than his "butler" clothing.
- During Dahlia Hawthorne's exorcism and final breakdown, the music is of a higher quality than previous versions, but the images of her past that flash by at the very end are no longer present.
- When presenting the final piece of evidence in Bridge to the Turnabout, the full version of the 2001 Pursuit theme is used instead of the modified variation that was originally used.