Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is a disambiguation page for "Payne (family)"|
|The following is a list of links to pages that might share the same title.|
Please follow one of the disambiguation links below or search to find the page you were looking for if it is not listed. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
Payne is a family name that may refer to:
- Winston Payne – a prosecutor known as the "Rookie Killer".
- His unnamed wife
- Their unnamed daughter
- Gaspen Payne – Winston's younger brother and a prosecutor himself, known as the "Rookie Humiliator".
Other family membersEdit
- 1964: Winston Payne is born.
- 1972: Gaspen Payne is born.
- October 14: Trial of Luke Atmey for the theft of the Sacred Urn as the infamous thief Mask☆DeMasque, with Winston as the prosecution. Just before Atmey can be convicted, Wright interrupts the trial to reveal that Atmey was not the true Mask☆DeMasque but was, in fact, the killer of Kane Bullard, CEO of KB Security. Wright's accusation succeeds and, by the double jeopardy law, this also snatches a victory from Winston Payne once again.
- December 4: Trial of Maggey Byrde for the murder of Glen Elg, with Winston as the prosecution and "Phoenix Wright" as the defense. Wright performs unusually poorly in court, allowing Winston to finally win. However, it is later revealed that the "Wright" he faced during that trial was an imposter who posed as the defense attorney in order to deliberately lose the case. The real Phoenix Wright appeals the case and wins against the mysterious masked prosecutor Godot.
- March 14: Detective Buddy Faith is murdered in Room 1202 of the Prosecutor's Building. Winston observes Miles Edgeworth's investigation.
- March 25: Winston watches Teikun Ō's speech at Gourd Lake with the Chief Prosecutor, when an apparent assassination attempt against the Zheng Fa president occurs. During Edgeworth's subsequent investigation, Winston's position during the speech helps to solve the case.
- December 17-18: Trial of Juniper Woods for the bombing of Courtroom No. 4 and the murder of Detective Candice Arme, with Gaspen as the prosecution and Athena Cykes as the defense. Although Gaspen gains the upper hand, Phoenix Wright soon intervenes and Woods is found not guilty. Gaspen flees the courtroom before the verdict is read due to a bluffed bomb threat by Ted Tonate.
- c. December 20: Gaspen is reprimanded by Chief Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth for his use of falsified evidence.
- "Payne" is a play on "pain"; the two brothers' given names add to this ("winced in pain" and "gasp in pain").
- The Japanese equivalent "Auchi" (亜内) is a Japanese romanization of the English word "ouch".
- The French equivalent "Boulay" comes from the word "boulet", which is used for someone who always does things incorrectly to the point of being a burden.