|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
- This article is about the speech bubble. You may be looking for the "Objection!" musical themes instead.
The "Objection!" speech bubble has become an iconic element of the Ace Attorney series, usually accompanied by the equally iconic dramatic finger-pointing gesture. In real life, it is generally used prior to pointing out that someone in court is breaking a rule of trial proceedings. In the Ace Attorney series, however, it is used much more liberally. Characters often yell "Objection!" when they are about to point out a flaw in an opponent's argument or a witness's testimony, often using evidence from the court record or an organizer. Each game thus far has ended with the protagonist yelling "Objection!" before the credits roll.
In Japanese versions of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations, Phoenix Wright has an echoed version of his usual "Igiari!" voice clip, which is used near the end of Bridge to the Turnabout. When Wright is about to show where the killer was wounded by his victim, an image of Mia Fey appears beside him, and they simultaneously use a slowed-down version of the finger point while the voice clip plays. Other versions of the game do not have this voice clip play, though the unchanged finger-pointing animation still has Wright and Fey seemingly mouthing the voice clip. An English language voice clip does exist in the coding, but is not used in the game.
Characters with "Objection!" voice clipsEdit
Although many characters have yelled "Objection!" in the series, only the following have accompanying voice clips:
- Ryūnosuke Naruhodō
- Susato Mikotoba
- Kazuma Asōgi
- Sherlock Holmes
- Iris Watson
- Taketsuchi Auchi
- Barok van Zieks
- Phoenix Wright
- Zacharias Barnham
- Hershel Layton
- Luke Triton
- Espella Cantabella* (joint objection with Phoenix Wright and Luke Triton)
- The Vigilantes
The following characters use alternative speech bubbles in the same context as "Objection!":
- Shi-Long Lang uses "Not so fast!" instead
- Hakari Mikagami uses "Overruled!" instead
- Simon Blackquill uses "Silence!" interchangeably with it
- Ryūnosuke Naruhodō uses "Hai!" interchangeably with it
- Jezail Brett uses "Shut up!" instead
- Rayfa Padma Khura'in uses "That's enough!" instead
- Nahyuta Sahdmadhi uses "Satorha!" interchangeably with it
- Ga'ran Sigatar Khura'in uses "Such insolence!" interchangeably with it