|Iris Watson||Image Gallery|
|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been released only in Japan.|
If you have personal experience with the item of media in question, you can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by improving on this article. Please heed the manual of style when adding information.
- For other characters called Iris, please see Iris (disambiguation).
|Because see. I am a Wastie too!|
Iris Watson (née van Zieks) is a child prodigy who lives with the renowned detective Sherlock Holmes. Despite being only ten years old, she is the author of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series of novels.
- Main articles: Professor Killings
Iris Watson was the daughter of London's chief prosecutor Klimt van Zieks and a lady of the rich Baskervilles family. When her mother was pregnant with her, her father had already died via duel. Yūjin Mikotoba was given an address to go to and he found the woman. He helped deliver the baby girl but the woman died shortly after. Yūjin realized that the woman was of the Baskervilles after seeing a chest with a certain "B" crest. He had to return to Japan, so he left the baby in the care of his English detective partner, Sherlock Holmes. Yūjin named the girl Iris after his own deceased wife, Ayame.
Iris grew up thinking Holmes was her father. She writes stories about his adventures after being inspired by the adventures his partner wrote about in the trunk in Holmes room where she keeps her own stories while they get published in the Strand Magazine. One day she found Klimt van Zieks’ autopsy done by John Watson and recognized the handwriting as being the same as the handwritten case records she keeps in her trunk. This led her to believe that Watson was her birth father. Another day, she wrote a case entitled the Hound of the Baskervilles, based on the incident that happened around her birth parents' death. After Holmes read it he was horrified, he was afraid it might contain the detail that Klimt van Zieks was actually a serial killer and didn't think Iris could handle that. So he refused the work to be published and gave to Hatch Windibank to lock in his vault. Iris also became friends with a pickpocket named Gina Lestrade
Meeting the Orient fansEdit
- Main article: The Adventure of the Runaway Room
Iris Watson first appears after the trial of Cosney Megundal where friend, Lestrade was a witness. Lestrade stole one the smoke launchers Iris invented so Iris comes to the defendant lobby with a bigger one to get it back. Then she has Lestrade come with her to a lab.
- Main article: The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro
Ryūnosuke Naruhodō and Susato Mikotoba are formally introduced to Iris during the investigation of Viridian Green's stabbing. Susato compliments her on her works, the girl was currently writing "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" based on a case Holmes just solved. The little girl then performs "Little Iris Watson's Theater of Logic and Deductions" where she perfectly deduces, unlike Sherlock Holmes, that the two are here for the detective for information so they can free a fellow Japansese man. Then she gives them a card to give Tobias Gregson so then can investigate. Once the case is solved, Iris makes everyone dinner.
- Main article: The Memoirs of the Clouded Kokoro
But then, Sōseki Natsume was arrested the next day when his fellow lodger, William Petenshy was poisoned. Iris makes Naruhodō and Susato tea and commnets on how unlike that Death Bringer Barok van Zieks in the prosecutor again. Holmes tests a new fluid he made on Iris' tea to see if it's real.
Naruhodō got Natsume aquitted and solved the mystery. Green tried to killed Petenshy because he accidentally killed her fiance by blowing into the gas pipes, also causing a curse rumor, to get a hidden treasure promised by a prisoner in Manchester. The treasure turned out be the dog collar that Balmung, her father's murder weapon, wore. It was a gift from the Baskervilles family upon Klimt's marriage. Iris plans to make this case two parts: "The Adventure of the Schoolgirl who was Stabbed in the Back" and "The Adventure of the Mustached Man Cursed by a Death Row Inmate". But Holmes, seeing this case as another potential source of her true parentage, only lets her write about Green's stabbing. Nevertheless, she did write about Petenshy's poisoning but just didn't publish it.
Investigation with NaruhodōEdit
- Main article: The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story
- Main article: The Return of the Great Departed Soul
- Iris Watson is a modification of the literary character of Dr. John Watson, who is the close friend, assistant, and sometime flatmate of Sherlock Holmes in Arthur Conan Doyle's original novels.
- Iris Watson was described to Kazuya Nuri as a "genius girl". Nuri worked gothic and mad scientist elements into her design to illustrate this. She and Sherlock Holmes were designed to look good on the screen together.
- Iris's World's Fair outfit appears very similar to the head of Mickey Mouse, though this is likely a coincidence.
- ↑ "Twitter / nurikazu_: え～、りゅうのすけ168、あそうぎ174、すさと153、ほーむず183、あいりす120、じーな160cm…となっております。 オマケで…ほそなが178、ばんじーくす192、ボルテックス196cmでございます。あくまで僕のなかでですが。" Twitter. 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- ↑ Meiji-Era Ace Attorney Game to Bundle Sherlock Briefcase. April 6, 2015. Anime News Network. Retrieved on April 16, 2015.
- ↑ Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Official Site Relaunched. September 11, 2014. Court Records Forums. Retrieved on September 14, 2014.
- ↑ Ash. Capcom Legends interview with Nuri (art director DGS). Court Records Forums. Retrieved 2015-08-11.