Hideki Kamiya (神谷 英樹 Kamiya Hideki, born December 19, 1970) is a Japanese video game designer formerly employed by Capcom and Clover Studio. He is currently working with former Clover Studio members at Platinum Games as a director and writer
He was the voice actor for Godot in the Japanese version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations.
After graduating from college, Kamiya applied for jobs at various game developers. He was turned down by Sega and had an application accepted by Namco. However, Namco wanted him to be an artist rather than his desire to be a game designer. Kamiya joined Capcom as a designer in 1994, around the same time as Shu Takumi. Their desks were close to each other, so ever since the second Ace Attorney game, Kamiya would pester Takumi about doing one of the voices for the game. Kamiya eventually got offered a part as Godot. His early works included planner of the original Resident Evil and director of Resident Evil 2. He was later the director of both Devil May Cry and the original Viewtiful Joe. In 2006, Kamiya worked as the director for the PlayStation 2 version of Clover Studio's Ōkami.
He joined former Capcom colleagues, including Atsushi Inaba and Shinji Mikami, to create a new company, shortly before Clover Studio was closed by Capcom in late 2006. This new company, later named Platinum Games, announced a four game deal with publisher Sega. Included in the deal was an original game by Kamiya titled Bayonetta.
As a game designer, Kamiya states that he has been most inspired by the games The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Gradius. His favorite action game is the original Castlevania. Kamiya has stated to be interested in making a new Star Fox game.
- Arthur to Astaroth no Nazo Makaimura (1996) - planner
- Resident Evil (1996) - system planner
- Resident Evil 2 (1998) - director
- Devil May Cry (2001) - director
- Resident Evil Zero (2002) - original game design
- Viewtiful Joe (2003) - director
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (2004) - voice actor for Godot in the Japanese version
- Viewtiful Joe 2 (2004) - story
- Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble! (2005) - story
- Ōkami (2006) - story, director
- Bayonetta (2009) - story, director
- The Wonderful 101 (2013) - story, director
|Content from Wikipedia|
|Wikipedia (view authors).|
For more information on this licensing, visit the help page at the Community Central.