|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been|
recently released and thus likely contains spoilers!
|manual of style when adding information.
Readers of this page should be aware that this article likely contains MAJOR SPOILERS concerning the media in question.
You have been warned!
|We need more pieces to finish this puzzle.|
|This article is under construction. While it is not short, it still needs expansion as outlined in the manual of style. The article most likely needs expansion near the end of the tagged section or sections.|
Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igiari! (逆転裁判 その『真実』、異議あり！; lit. "Turnabout Trial: I Object to That "Truth"!"), is an animated adaptation of Capcom's Ace Attorney video game series. It was first announced at the 2015 Tokyo Game Show during Capcom's Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice stage presentation, and is planned to be an adaptation of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All, the first two games in the series.
- Phoenix Wright (Ryūichi Naruhodō) - Yūki Kaji
- Maya Fey (Mayoi Ayasato) - Aoi Yūki
- Miles Edgeworth (Reiji Mitsurugi) - Masashi Tamaki
- Mia Fey (Chihiro Ayasato) - Chie Nakamura
- Dick Gumshoe (Keisuke Itonokogiri) - Masami Iwasaki
- Pearl Fey (Harumi Ayasato) - Misaki Kuno
- Franziska von Karma (Mei Karuma) - Saori Yumiba
- Larry Butz (Masashi Yahari) - Tōru Nara
- Judge - Ben Hiura
- Marvin Grossberg (Soranosuke Hoshikage) - Ryou Sugisaki
- Manfred von Karma (Gō Karuma) - Akio Ōtsuka
- Gregory Edgeworth (Shin Mitsurugi) - Ryūnosuke Watanuki
- Lotta Hart (Natsumi Ōsawagi) - Reiko Takagi
- Will Powers (Saburō Niboshi) - Shōta Yamamoto
- Wendy Oldbag (Kaoru Ōba) - Yū Sugimoto
The First TurnaboutEdit
- Cody Hackins (Kyūta Ōtaki) - Shizuka Ishigami
- Dee Vasquez (Sakura Himegami) - Yurika Hino
- Sal Manella (Takuya Uzai) - Masato Nishino
Reunion, and TurnaboutEdit
- Turner Grey (Tetsurō Kirisaki) - Naoya Nosaka
- Morgan Fey (Kimiko Ayasato) - Shukuko Tsugawa
- Ini Miney (Nodoka Hanaka) - Natsue Sasamoto
Turnabout Big TopEdit
- Max Galactica - Shinya Hamazoe
- Regina Berry (Rika Tachimi) - Yō Taichi
- Moe (Tomī) - Takeshi Uchida
- Benjamin Woodman (Ben Kizumi) - Yutaka Furukawa
- Acro - Takayuki Nakatsukasa
Farewell, My TurnaboutEdit
- Shelly de Killer (Sazaemon Koroshiya) - Wataru Yokojima
- Matt Engarde (Shingo Ōtorō) - Yasuaki Takumi
- Adrian Andrews (Kirio Kamiya) - Ayaka Asai
- Chief Producer: Yūji Kikukawa & Tomonori Ochikoshi
- Producer: Koji Nagai
- Director: Ayumu Watanabe
- Planning: Tomonori Ochikoshi
- Series Composition: Atsuhiro Tomioka
- Character Design: Keiko Ōta
- Music: Kaoru Wada
- Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
- Series Production: A-1 Pictures
- Advisor: Shu Takumi
- Opening themes:
- Ending themes:
|1||"The First Turnabout"||April 2, 2016|
|Phoenix Wright, a rookie attorney of only three months, enters a murder trial in order to defend his childhood friend, Larry Butz, who is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend Cindy Stone. Prosecutor Winston Payne looks for an easy win, bringing with him damning evidence, but Wright believes he can do the impossible...|
|2||"Turnabout Sisters - 1st Trial"||April 9, 2016|
|Upon returning to the Fey & Co. Law Offices for a dinner appointment with Mia Fey and her younger sister Maya, Phoenix Wright stumbles upon the grisly scene of his boss's body, who has been bludgeoned to death. A note found by the body with Maya's name written in blood prompts Detective Dick Gumshoe to immediately arrest the girl and charge her with her sister's murder. At her most desperate hour, who will rise up to help her?|
|3||"Turnabout Sisters - 2nd Trial"||April 16, 2016|
|The trial of Maya Fey for the murder of her sister Mia is under way, and Wright is pitted against prodigy prosecutor Miles Edgeworth. Hope seems lost, but with flimsy testimonies and a questionable witness, things are not as straightforward as they appear. A promising lead points Wright in the direction of shady Bluecorp CEO Redd White, but just how far does this man's influence reach?|
|4||"Turnabout Sisters - Last Trial"||April 23, 2016|
|Due to Redd White's influence and connections, Phoenix Wright is indicted for the murder of his boss. Wright's only chance to avoid a guilty verdict is to expose White as Mia's true killer in court, a task made all the more difficult by Miles Edgeworth's ruthless prosecuting tactics. Wright is backed into a corner, but a little help from a spirit medium may be just what he needs to turn things around...|
|5||"Turnabout Samurai - 1st Trial"||April 30, 2016|
|When an actor in the popular children's television show The Steel Samurai: Warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo is found murdered, the prime suspect is star Will Powers. To Maya, the series' newest fan, this looks like the perfect first case for the Wright & Co. Law Offices. However, a crotchety security woman won't make things simple for them.|
|6||"Turnabout Samurai - 2nd Trial"||May 7, 2016|
|Wright and Maya manage to buy themselves some time to find Hammer's true murderer when additional suspects come to light. They find themselves faced with a cavalcade of eccentric characters, all of whom appear to have an alibi for the time of the murder. Luckily for them, a decisive piece of evidence comes from the most unlikely of places.|
|7||"Turnabout Samurai - Last Trial"||May 14, 2016|
|As the trial of the Steel Samurai reaches its last day, Wright learns the true killer's identity. The question is, can he prove it? It won't be easy, with a calm and collected witness like Dee Vasquez on the stand. He'll need all the help he can get, whether it comes from Wendy Oldbag, Cody Hackins, or even Prosecutor Edgeworth himself.|
|8||"Turnabout Goodbyes - 1st Trial"||May 21, 2016|
|Miles Edgeworth stands accused of murder, and only Phoenix Wright is willing to defend him! The victim is linked to a fifteen-year-old case, DL-6, involving the murder of Edgeworth's father. Did the prosecutor take the law into his own hands and kill the attorney responsible for the culprit's acquittal?|
|9||"Turnabout Goodbyes - 2nd Trial"||May 28, 2016|
|The trial of Miles Edgeworth begins, with Wright squaring off against Edgeworth's mentor, Manfred von Karma – a prosecutor with a forty-year unblemished record. Against such a fearsome foe, only a sacrifice can buy enough wiggle room for Wright to poke holes in the prosecutor's airtight case!|
|10||"Turnabout Goodbyes - 3rd Trial"||June 4, 2016|
|A true eyewitness to the murder on Gourd Lake surfaces! Only luck, friendship, and a spanner in the works can uncover the contradictions in von Karma's case and lead to a most surprising turnaround.|
|11||"Turnabout Goodbyes - 4th Trial"||June 11, 2016|
|Wright reveals his motivation for pursuing his profession, while a most unusual witness helps crack the case and solve the Gourd Lake murder. But, is Wright just playing into von Karma's hands?|
|12||"Turnabout Goodbyes - Last Trial"||June 18, 2016|
|The tragedy behind the DL-6 Incident is revealed, as Manfred von Karma reveals his endgame.|
|13||"Turnabout Promise"||June 25, 2016|
|After school on the day of the class trial, Phoenix Wright and his newfound friends, Miles Edgeworth and Larry Butz, stumble upon another mystery: an abandoned dog on the streets. When the owner refuses to take the poor pup back, the boys must take matters into their own hands. All the while, the trio forge a friendship to last a lifetime|
|14||"Reunion and Turnabout - 1st Trial"||July 9, 2016|
|Wright visits Maya's hometown, Kurain Village, together with Dr. Turner Grey, who wants to summon the spirit of Mimi Miney. Ini Miney, Mimi's sister, recommended Maya Fey to summon her sister's spirit. At the village, Wright meets the little Pearl Fey, Maya's aunt Morgan Fey and Lotta Hart. As Maya and Dr. Grey go into the Channeling Chamber, Wright and Hart hear gunfire. They break down the door, only to find Dr. Grey murdered. Maya is accused of murder and arrested, and Wright must defend her in court.|
|15||"Reunion and Turnabout - 2nd Trial"||July 16, 2016|
|16||"Reunion and Turnabout - 3rd Trial"||July 23, 2016|
|17||"Reunion and Turnabout - Last Trial"||July 30, 2016|
|18||"Turnabout Big Top - 1st Trial"||August 6, 2016|
|19||"Turnabout Big Top - 2nd Trial"||August 13, 2016|
|20||"Turnabout Big Top - Last Trial"||August 20, 2016|
|21||"Farewell, My Turnabout - 1st Trial"||September 3, 2016|
|22||"Farewell, My Turnabout - 2nd Trial"||September 10, 2016|
|23||"Farewell, My Turnabout - 3rd Trial"||September 17, 2016|
|24||"Farewell, My Turnabout - Last Trial"||September 24, 2016|
Gyakuten Saiban ~Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!~ Original SoundtrackEdit
The original soundtrack was released on August 24, 2016 and contains 31 tracks from the anime. The soundtrack mostly consists of original tracks and character leitmotifs, but also features some arrangements of musical themes from the games, such as the Steel Samurai's theme and "Objection!"
|2.||Hajimete no Gyakuten||1:38|
|8.||Muzai wo Kachitoru tame ni||1:16|
|9.||Narikin Shachou - Konaka Masaru||1:38|
|10.||Bijin Hisho - Shouchiku Umeyo||1:05|
|11.||Satsujin Jiken Hassei||1:13|
|15.||Tonosaman no Theme||1:02|
|16.||Ooba no Obachan||1:32|
|17.||Otaku Kantoku - Uzai||1:23|
|20.||Naruhodou no Suiri||1:23|
|22.||Seigi no tame ni||1:55|
|23.||Koedo Kenshi Himesaman||0:52|
|24.||Tsuioku no Gakkyuu Saiban||1:10|
|25.||Kenji - Mitsurugi Reiji||1:04|
|28.||Nazo ni Tsutsumareta Shinsou||1:17|
|29.||Sannin no Yuujou||1:17|
|30.||Hanketsu no Ato ni||1:45|
|31.||Shinmai Bengoshi - Naruhodou||1:34|
The anime premiered in Japan on April 2, 2016, with new episodes airing weekly on Saturdays. Outside Asia, the streaming site Crunchyroll provides two subtitled versions for online viewing on the same day for premium members, and one week later for everyone else; one version using the original Japanese character names and the other substituting them for the localized versions (e.g., "Phoenix Wright" instead of "Ryūichi Naruhodō")..
Differences from the gamesEdit
- The defense and prosecution benches have switched positions to these in the games. In the games, other than when showing the courtroom in full, the two benches are seen from the judge's perspective, so that the defense attorney is on the left side. In the anime, however, the camera angles are usually shot from the opposite perspective, with the switched benches resulting in the defense remaining on the left, from the viewer's perspective.
- When emphasizing the end of a character's argument, the games show a closeup of the speaker with speed lines in the background. The anime achieves a similar effect by having characters produce gusts of wind when pointing their fingers dramatically (or snapping one's fingers in Manfred von Karma's case), which can literally knock other characters off their feet.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney episodesEdit
- Penny Nichols does not have a speaking role in the Turnabout Samurai episodes.
- Missile does not appear in the Turnabout Goodbyes saga.
- No earthquakes strikes the detention center after Edgeworth finally asks Wright to defend him.
- The events of Rise from the Ashes are ignored, with the adaptation of Turnabout Goodbyes being followed by the anime-exclusive Turnabout Promise, then the Reunion, and Turnabout adaptation.
- The events of The Lost Turnabout are ignored, with the adaptation of Turnabout Big Top following the Reunion, and Turnabout adaption.
- "Hotti" does not appear during in any of the Reunion, and Turnabout or Farewell, My Turnabout episodes.
- Psyche-Locks are largely absent, only appearing in Farewell, My Turnabout when Matt Engarde's true colors are revealed.
- Instead of being an accomplice to murder, Morgan Fey is in fact the mastermind behind the death of Dr. Grey and the implication of Maya, with Mimi Miney being forced to cooperate.
- Pearl Fey is absent from the opening of Turnabout Big Top, and takes a more active role as Wright's co-counsel during Reunion, and Turnabout and Farewell, My Turnabout. The games, on the other hand, only have her appear during trials to channel Mia.
- Lotta Hart is replaced by Larry Butz in the adaptation of Farewell, My Turnabout.
- Celeste Inpax is changed to be Adrian Andrews's older sister, with her surname being appropriately adjusted.
- Will Powers does not present Wright and Pearl with Shelly de Killer's transceiver, nor does he testify in the Farewell, My Turnabout episodes.
- Franziska von Karma presents the video footage of de Killer murdering Juan Corrida, but not the pistol that was fired at her shoulder or the bellboy's uniform worn by the assassin. In addition, she wears Gumshoe's coat (instead of using merely using it as a makeshift bag to contain the evidence) and has her arm in a sling.
- Engarde performs his breakdown twice. He also receives a unique speech bubble: "待ってくれえええ!" (Matte kureeee!)
- Wright and Maya reunite at the police department, rather than the defendant lobby. Pearl continues to channel Mia for the reunion.
- After his accident while racing back with the de Killer evidence, Gumshoe is bandaged around his entire body, rather than just around his head.
- Trucy Wright (and her "Mr. Hat" puppet), the Steel Samurai, the Evil Magistrate, and Ponco (albeit coloured green like Clonco) cameo as chalk drawings in "Gyakuten Winner", the anime's first opening theme.
- Crunchyroll has the option to set the subtitles to use the names from the English localizations of the games. This version contains a running joke where "ramen" is translated as "burger".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ace Attorney Anime: Director and Cast announced (original article provided by Oricon), Court-Records.net, Retrieved Dec. 19, 2015.
- ↑ Lite_Agent (2015-09-17). "(TGS 15) Ace Attorney 6: first trailer and additional details; anime series announced". Perfectly Nintendo. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- ↑ rawmeatcowboy (2015-09-17). "Ace Attorney series getting anime adaptation". GoNintendo. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- ↑ "「逆転裁判」シリーズ初となるアニメ『逆転裁判』が地上波でのテレビ放送が決定！放送は、2016年4月～。続報を待て！ #gyakuten #カプコンTGS". Official Gyakuten Saiban Twitter. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- ↑ Guest Author(2016-04-01). "Crunchyroll Adds 'Ace Attorney' to Spring Anime Season!". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 2016-04-01.