|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that is currently in production.|
- This article is about the game. You may be looking for the character Ryūnosuke Naruhodō.
|Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Kakugo|
|Japanese title||大逆転裁判２ -成歩堂龍ノ介の覺悟- (Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo)|
|Release||August 3, 2017|
|Number of players|
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo (大逆転裁判２ -成歩堂龍ノ介の覺悟-; lit. "Great Turnabout Trial 2: The Resolve of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō") is an upcoming prequel game for the Ace Attorney series of text adventure video games. It is the eleventh installment overall in the series, and the sequel to Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken. Like its predecessor, it is published by Capcom, produced by Motohide Eshiro, and directed by Shu Takumi, with Kazuya Nuri heading art and Yasumasa Kitagawa composing the soundtrack. The game was announced at Tokyo Game Show 2016 on September 17.
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 takes place shortly after the first game, near the the end of Japan's Meiji period. Although Susato Mikotoba returned to Japan in the first game, she ends up meeting Ryūnosuke Naruhodō again. It is implied in the announcement trailer that Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 would tie up all the loose ends and lingering questions introduced in the previous game.
Two episodes from the main story have been revealed thus far. Like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, there will be two short non-canonical "what-if" scenarios available to those who pre-order the game.
- Two months after Susato Mikotoba's return to Japan following the events of The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story, one of her friends is put on trial for a murder that occurred at a beach house. She takes the defense's bench disguised as "Ryūtarō Naruhodō" (成歩堂 龍太郎).
- Sōseki Natsume travels to England, only to be accused of murder once again when a fellow lodger's body is discovered. Ryūnosuke Naruhodō once again takes his case, assisted by Sherlock Holmes and opposed by Prosecutor Barok van Zieks.
Ace Attorney Theater
- Kazuma Asōgi is the main playable character in a scenario involving Ryūnosuke Naruhodō.
- Sherlock Holmes is the main playable character in a scenario involving Barok van Zieks.
- Ryūnosuke Naruhodō (成歩堂 龍ノ介)
- Voiced by: Hiro Shimono
- A lawyer who traveled to London from Japan.
- Susato Mikotoba (御琴羽 寿沙都)
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa
- A judicial assistant who returned to Japan after the events of the first game.
- Sherlock Holmes (シャーロック・ホームズ)
- Iris Watson (アイリス・ワトソン)
- Voiced by: Misaki Kuno
- Holmes's assistant. A genius inventor and doctor who has invented rudimentary forensic instruments for use in Holmes's investigations. In this continuity, she is the author of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Takumi's familiarity with Arthur Conan Doyle's original Sherlock Holmes stories, and their various theories and parodies in particular, led him to create the Iris Watson character.
- Barok van Zieks (バロック・バンジークス)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda
- Age: 32
- A "cursed" English prosecutor known colloquially as the "Death God of the Old Bailey".
Other main story charactersEdit
- Sōseki Natsume (夏目漱石) - A defendant from The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro. He is a witness in episode 1 and the defendant of episode 2.
- Jezail Brett (ジェゼール・ブレット) - The victim. She was due to be extradited to Shanghai for a crime she committed nine months prior.
- Haori Murasame - The defendant of episode 1, accused of murdering an English woman in a beach house.
- Satoru Hosonaga (細長悟) - A witness from The Adventure of the Great Departure who witnessed the murder.
- Yūjin Mikotoba (御琴羽 悠仁) - Susato's father and a legal professor. He serves as her assistant during the case.
People who pre-order the game will receive two non-canonical scenarios similar to the Asinine Attorney / Ace Attorney Theater scenarios in Spirit of Justice. Alternate costumes for Ryūnosuke Naruhodō, Susato Mikotoba, and Sherlock Holmes will be downloadable, and will be free until August 31, 2017.
- ↑ "Twitter / takumi_gt: ともあれ。おなじみの“巨匠”ヌリくん、“名匠”キタガワさんをはじめチーム一同、今回も最後まで全力でクオリティを追求する所存でございます。 ぼく自身も、クラシックミステリーへの限りないリスペクトと新しい挑戦をムネに、最後までがんばります。". Twitter. 2016-09-17. Retrieved 2016-09-17.
- Announcement teaser trailer
- Nintendo Direct (April 13, 2017)
- April 2017 trailer