|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been|
recently released and thus likely contains spoilers!
|manual of style when adding information.
Readers of this page should be aware that this article likely contains MAJOR SPOILERS concerning the media in question.
You have been warned!
|We need more pieces to finish this puzzle.|
|This article is under construction. While it is not short, it still needs expansion as outlined in the manual of style. The article most likely needs expansion near the end of the tagged section or sections.|
|Bonny de Famme||Image Gallery||Sprite Gallery|
|Bonny de Famme|
|Link to the template page|
|Names in other languages|
|Japanese* (romanization written with the given name first)||菜々野 美々 (Mimi Nanano)|
|Reckoned birth year(s) (this is for age comparison purposes, and so may look odd; click on the question mark for details)?||2009|
|Documented age range (as recorded in court record profiles and case files)||19* (age at debut)|
|Status* (last known)||Alive|
|Height* (from official guidebooks)||4'11"; 150 cm|
|Family||Betty de Famme (twin sister)|
|Friends||Trucy Wright (fellow magician and idol)|
|Affiliates||Penrose Theater (workplace) |
Roger Retinz (former producer; arrested)
Manov Mistree (fellow magician; deceased)
|Debut episode||The Magical Turnabout|
Bonny de Famme is a magician known for the teleportation trick she performs with her twin sister Betty de Famme. She is a fan of the magician Trucy Wright, alongside whom she appeared in the magic show "Trucy in Gramarye-Land."
A reluctant accompliceEdit
- Main article: The Magical Turnabout
Bonny, alongside her sister Betty and Manov Mistree, played a part in a prank orchestrated by the producer Roger Retinz to scare Trucy Wright on live television during the dress rehearsal of "Trucy in Gramarye-Land." Despite Bonny's admiration for Wright, she was pressured into taking part in the plot, something she deeply regretted even before it was revealed it was actually preparation to frame Wright for the murder of Mistree.
During Wright's subsequent trial for the murder, Bonny was bullied into letting Betty masquerade as her to protect the secret behind the de Fammes' teleportation trick, but kept watch from the gallery. After Betty's exposure and seeing Wright's performance under pressure, Bonny decided to stand up for herself and revealed the unauthorized footage given to her by a fan, which proved vital to the case.
Bonny is somewhat clumsy and underconfident, and would frequently be pushed around by her much more aggressive twin sister. She is a big fan of Trucy Wright's magic and often talks about Wright's impressive talent (ironically, her sister saw her talent in much the same way, which is why she regarded Wright as such a threat to the de Fammes' careers). She and her sister would often times do a teleportation switch trick, and are quite well-known for it.
Because of her desperation to be liked, however, she could be easily talked into doing unethical things, something Roger Retinz took advantage of when he convinced Betty to help him sabotage Wright's debut magic show in return for a lucrative contract.
- Bonny, along with her sister, Betty, are the first and currently only pair to both testify at the same time in the main series. Multiple witnesses testifying was previously done in Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken.
- "Kikimimi"" (聞き耳) means "ears poised for listening." "Mimi" (耳) means "ears."
- Flipping the kanji "na" (菜) and "no" (野) around, they become "yasai" (野菜), meaning "vegetable."
- Her English given name, "Bonny", is a reference to her bunny motif as seen in her headband and umbrella.
- Her English last name, "de Famme", may be a pun on "defame", which she, her sister, and Roger Retinz planned to do to Trucy (although Bonny was far more reluctant about it). It could also be a pun on family, referencing her sister, Betty de Famme.