|This article contains information about Ace Attorney media that has been|
recently released and thus likely contains spoilers!
|manual of style when adding information.
Readers of this page should be aware that this article likely contains MAJOR SPOILERS concerning the media in question.
You have been warned!
|Betty de Famme||Image Gallery|
|Betty de Famme|
|Link to the template page|
|Names in other languages|
|Japanese* (romanization written with the given name first)||菜々野 輝々 (Kiki Nanano)|
|Reckoned birth year(s) (this is for age comparison purposes, and so may look odd; click on the question mark for details)?||2009|
|Documented age range (as recorded in court record profiles and case files)||19* (age at debut)|
|Status* (last known)||Alive|
|Height* (from official guidebooks)||4'11"; 150 cm|
|Family||Bonny de Famme (twin sister)|
|Affiliates||Penrose Theater (workplace) |
Trucy Wright (fellow magician and prank target)
Roger Retinz (former producer; arrested)
Manov Mistree (fellow magician; deceased)
|Debut episode||The Magical Turnabout|
Defamation plot Edit
- Main article: The Magical Turnabout
Betty, alongside her sister Bonny and Mistree, played a part in Trucy Wright's defamation plot.
Betty is very rude and aggressive. She often bullies and pushes around her sister, and is extremely short-tempered, to the point where she is incapable of keeping in-character as her sister when frustrated (which given her apparent mood swings when pretending to be Bonny, initially convinced Athena Cykes she was Bonny suffering from a form of post-traumatic stress disorder). She also has a difficult time apologizing no matter how much she realizes she is at fault, getting Bonny to speak for her when making amends. While (or perhaps because) she genuinely respects her as a magician, she is extremely jealous of Wright, feeling she and her sister are unappreciated by the public and blocked from fame and success, even agreeing to what she thought was a prank by Roger Retinz to humiliate her on stage. When she thought Wright had murdered the man responsible, she even replaced her sister in court (keeping her distinctive umbrella closed as it is otherwise identical to her sister's cane, and restyling her "bat wing" hair to look more like her sister's curls) to ensure a guilty verdict (having been told by Retinz that he would work with the sisters in the future if she helped him). She is not a particularly vicious person at her core, though, feeling ashamed when she realized that Wright had been framed and she had been an unknowing accomplice to Manov's murder.
Betty is shown throughout the episode having a loathing hatred towards Trucy, but that's actually a ruse to hide an admiration for her. Infact her relationship towards Trucy is more akin to that of a tsundere rather than pure hostility.
As one might expect, Betty looks nearly identical to Bonny, the only real differences in their appearances being purely deliberate choices on her part, namely her hair style, the designs on her open cane/umbrella and keeping both of her fake bunny ears pointed straight up to resemble the ears of a bat more. When not pretending to be her sister, she generally has more alert and fierce expressions than Bonny, and when taunting the court, her eyes glow yellow as her face becomes partially shadowed. Like her sister, she regularly performs magic tricks when talking with people, but the animals she releases from her hat are purple and black bats with fur that resembles her suit.
- Betty shares a number of similarities to Dahlia Hawthorne. Both characters appear to be sweet, innocent girls at first, before showing their true colors (although Betty is simply tempestuous and angry rather than murderous). Both carry a distinctive parasol. They also both have a twin sister, who they pose as in court in order to give a misleading testimony.
- Betty, along with her sister, Bonny, are the first and currently only pair to both testify at the same time in the main series. Multiple witnesses testifying was previously done in Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken.
- Kikimimi (聞き耳) means "ears poised for listening."
- Her English given name, "Betty", is a reference to her bat motif as seen in her headband and umbrella.
- Her English surname, "de Famme", may be a pun on the word 'defame', as she is involved in the attempt to defame Trucy Wright.
References to pop cultureEdit
- Betty de Famme's name could be a reference to Betty Hapschatt from Shock Treatment (a 1981 musical comedy sequel of The Rocky Horror Picture Show). Both were under contract of a TV Station before something happen in their career (de Famme with her twin were fired and quickly lost business due to everyone known their teleport trick while Hapschatt was fired and replaced with someone else). Also both tried to defame someone (de Famme with Trucy Wright while Hapschatt with Farley Flavors).
|Pleeeeeeeease expand meeeeeeee!|
|This article is a stub or is otherwise incomplete. You can help the Ace Attorney Wiki by expanding it.|